If you’re looking for a way to deter intruders and keep your home or business safe, a motion sensor alarm is a great option. Motion sensor alarms use infrared technology to detect movement within a certain range, and then they activate an alarm to scare off the intruder and alert you to the potential danger. But with so many different motion sensor alarms on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? That’s where we come in. We’ve done the research and found the five best motion sensor alarms available, so all you have to do is choose the one that’s right for your needs.
The 5 Best Motion Sensor Alarms
1. GE Personal Security Window and Door Alarm
The GE Personal Security Window/Door Alarms provide a simple-to-use, cost-effective security solution to protect you and your family against home invasions. The 120-decibel alarms are loud enough to make a would-be intruder think twice about entering through your doors or windows. The alarms are also extremely easy to use. The window/door alarms feature a contemporary design with easy access buttons and controls for simple operation.
This straightforward concept makes using the GE Personal Security Window/Door Alarms intuitive, no matter what your technological skills may be. With no wires required for installation, protecting any window or door in your home is as easy as attaching the alarm to your window or door with double-sided tape (included).
Each window alarm features an on/off/chime switch for easy operation and a low-battery test button for checking battery life. The GE Personal Security Window/Door Alarms are perfect for homes, apartments, dorm rooms, offices and much more.
2. SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System
Only 20% of America’s 126 million homes have home security. We’re going to change that at SimpliSafe. Our goal is simple: to make everyone’s home safe, not by giving them a false sense of security, but by giving them real protection. Our DIY home surveillance system bundles are easy to set up and don’t cause a lot of hassle.
They have precise sensors that can tell the difference between a family pet and an unwanted intruder, and they are made with long-range sensors to protect the whole house. Simplisafe is made for all sizes of homes and has never-before-seen protections to keep your home safe from power outages, downed Wi-Fi, cut landlines, and physical attacks with hammers, bats, and other things.
This easy-to-use wireless system is full of surveillance products that are small enough to blend in with your home and keep it safe. Breathe easy knowing that you have the right protection at a safe and fair price. The 9-piece wireless Security bundle gives you security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It has a smash-safe keypad that is soft to the touch, easy to use day and night, and doesn’t need a plug, so you can put it anywhere.
If someone tries to break in, it will call the police. The base station is like your own personal security guard. It has a built-in cellular connection, a 24-hour battery backup, and a 95dB siren that send alarm signals to the monitoring center. Each entry sensor (there are a total of four) protects your doors and windows and is made to look like it doesn’t belong there. The two motion sensors are made to recognize people, not pets.
The ease of use gives you flawless HD video and audio streaming as well as a 120° field of vision day and night. Enjoy professional monitoring that works well and doesn’t require a contract. Make sure your home is the safest place on earth.
3. Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd Gen)
- A great fit for 1-2 bedroom homes, this kit includes one base station, one keypad, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and one range extender.
- Put whole-home security at your fingertips with Ring Alarm, a do-it-yourself alarm system.
- Includes a more intuitive keypad with emergency buttons and smaller contact sensors to seamlessly blend into your home.
- Receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm modes, and monitor all your Ring devices all through the Ring app.
- Choose the Ring Alarm kit that fits your needs and add additional components and accessories at any time.
- Easily setup your Ring Alarm by plugging in your base station, connecting to wifi via the Ring app, and placing your sensors in their ideal locations.
- Better with Alexa: Arm and disarm Ring Alarm with your voice and get mobile alerts about the sound of broken glass or smoke alarms with Alexa Guard. Call trained agents from your Echo who can request the dispatch of emergency responders with Alexa Guard Plus, included with an eligible Ring Protect plan.
4. Honeywell Home RCHTSENSOR-1PK
- Compatible with Honeywell Home T9 and T10 pro smart thermostats
EXPAND YOUR COMFORT. Smart Room Sensors work with the T9 Smart Thermostat to sense temperature and humidity from multiple rooms.
- WELCOME TO JUST RIGHT. Sense the temperatures in the rooms that matter. Focus on the rooms you choose by setting a schedule.
- FOCUS ON THE ROOMS PEOPLE ARE IN. Let the sensors focus on rooms people are in, using motion detection. Stay cozy as you move room to room.
- HELP EVERYONE SLEEP COMFORTABLY. Set your T9 to sense the temperature from the bedrooms at night, to keep those rooms the coolest and help everyone get a cozy night’s sleep.
- SIMPLE INSTALL FOR A DIY PROJECT. Smart Room Sensors are easy to set up without any tools required. Use the Resideo app to connect.
- CONTROL IT YOUR WAY. Control the T9 and Smart Room Sensors using the Resideo app to control your home anytime, anywhere.
- MULTI-ROOM FOCUS. Focused on multiple rooms, the T9 will work towards creating an average temperature across the sensors. (T9 sold separately)
- SENSORS THAT WORK WITH YOUR MOVEMENT. Motion detection that knows the difference between passing through a room or spending time there.
5. Wyze Cam v3 with Color Night Vision
Cam v3 is the 3rd generation of Wyze’s flagship camera, Wyze Cam. Like its predecessor Wyze Cam v3 lets you see and record 1080p video right from the Wyze mobile app. New to Wyze Cam v3 is its waterproof design allowing for outdoor installation with an IP65 rating. Wyze Cam v3 also takes advantage of an all-new Starlight Sensor which allows for extreme low-light performance and shows great detail in the dark. With Wyze Cam v3’s color night viewing, night time video recording appears as if it’s day time.
There are a lot of different motion sensor alarms on the market, but not all of them are created equal . Some are better suited for home security , while others are better suited for business security . And then there are those that are great for both . To make things easier for you , we ‘ ve compiled a list of five of the best motion sensor alarms available . So , whether you need an alarm for your home , business , or both , we ‘ ve got you covered .